Friday, May 28, 2010

Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam ~ May 28, 2010



Arriving in Ho Chi Minh City late yesterday was the first real culture shock I have experienced. The ride between the airport and my hostel was magnificent and frightening. The traffic was simply unbelievable and I can only imagine how many motorbike riders must die here. The rules of the road seem to be quite flexible and everyman/woman for themself seems the name of the game. Crossing the road while out looking for a beer last night was like an old school game of Frogger. And I love it!
The picture above was taken from an adventure I took with my beer to the top of a building. Naughty Naughty!



After a long and exhausted nite's sleep, I woke to a beautiful sun rise in Saigon this morning. I was even awake before the horns started honking on the busy streets below. Today I will explore the city and tomorrow I will venture into the Mekong Delta for a few days.
Unfortunately Tim was unable to secure a Visa for the trip and didn't join me... so it is just me and Vietnam. More photos soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Love. I greatly look forward to following your adventures! And congratulations on the MA in San Diego.
    Safe and glorious travels my dear!
    In Solidarity,
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete