Friday, May 28, 2010

One Night in Singapore ~ May 27, 2010

I arrived in the late afternoon in Singapore and had just enough time to shower before Tim and I headed out for the nite.
In true Timothy fashion we had a beautiful meal on the river and made our way to the clubs. As the evening began I worried that I would not have the stamina....oh but no. A couple of cocktails and a crowded, sweaty dance floor quickly changed my mind.
I experienced a couple of things to note during my first nite life adventure with Timmy.

  • At one point I was in the loo at the StereoLab (you may have heard of StereoLab NYC) and over heard a conversation between three young Filipina women. I could not understand any of the excited words they said but one: "sex." It felt something like this.... dkfjg dsjlfja jsklr sex. Ddsrtl rjlasas saldkur SEX, askleur sex. Tosdk sajler jisjlkjrl soehrn lshjo SEX!! Very interesting.
  • I met an aquaintance of Timmy's named Adele and can say difinitively that she will be someone I will stay in touch with. She is the first true Singaporean I met and she informed me about the ethnic and political history of Singapore. I will say only this; the West has a conception far removed from the explanation that Adele gave me. She also proceeded to give Tim a run for his money at 3am while we ate "ChickenRice" at a streetside cafe before we crawled home. It was a treat to watch a beautiful woman challenge Timmy's position on various topics; it doesn't happen often.

Other highlights: the 360 degree panoramic view from the New Asia bar set 70 floors above the city and when the DJ at StereoLab spun the Eurythmics amidst soul shaking house music and I danced like no one was watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment